The length of the residencies can be from one week to three months.
Studio 88 believes in supporting artists in their continual development, and has a particular specialty in woodwork. There is a larger studio space that can be used with technical support, if needed. Residents will need to bring their own computer or other materials relevant for their work.
|1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks|
|Individual artist||500 USD||800 USD||1,100 USD||1,200 USD|
|Additional cost per child over 2 years old (no more than 2 children)||250 USD||400 USD||550 USD||600 USD|
There is no addition cost for children under 2 years old.
There are discounted prices for artist duos or groups (minimum of 3 people). Please contact Studio 88 for more details.
What is provided?
- Individual bungalows with equipped kitchenette and cleaning service
- Individual and/or shared studio/work space
- Electricity, water, and wifi (including air-conditioning and fans)
- Transport to and from the airport
- Administrative support on-site
- Recommendations of weekly site or studio visits
Services upon request (with additional fees)
- Two meals (self-service breakfast and shared home-cooked dinner at Studio 88)
- Organised trip or tour
- Technical support e.g. wood work, metal work, etc.
- Professional translation
- Exhibition installation and dismantlement
- Project and event management
What is not provided?
- Art materials or funding for art materials
- Funding for travel costs; airfares to and from Thailand and other transport costs are the responsibility of the artist
- Fees for procuring and maintaining travel visas
- Health insurance
- Entrance fee to museum/galleries/national parks, etc.
- Local travel costs (outside the transport to/from the airport)
- Allowance or stipend
- Food and beverages outside of Studio 88 and extra meals and other groceries are the responsibility of the artist
Once the residency is confirmed, we request payment of 50% of the fee as a deposit in advance. The 2nd half of the residency fee must be paid when commencing the residency. The 50% deposit is non-refundable, except in exceptional circumstances.